Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Monday, March 24, 2008
Friday, March 21, 2008
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
She&Him by Zooey Deschanel (you know, singing girl in elf.) her voice kicks ass.
ingrid michaelson - her voice pretty much rocks too (even if the video is full of clowns...i can look past that.)
mika - ok the video is really strange, but something about this song makes me smile.
feist - the more songs i hear of hers, the more i regret buying her cd for dad instead of myself :]
Monday, March 17, 2008
speaking of itunes...i just downloaded a britney spears song...what the hell? i think i'm delusional...because i'm totally happy about it...and i'm about to download a miley cyrus song. and am totally happy about that too...i think i might be sick.
and for those of you keeping track...TA DAH! our first 'official' finished product:
woop, woop! you can see more pictures of it here.
happy st patty's day!
1. Goldendoodles have Houdini-like powers.
2. When asking friends to help fold/glue cups, do some quality control. Thank god for them helping me assemble but...I did end up with a few wonky ones I had to throw away. Which made us end up with EXACTLY 192 cups (the EXACT amount we needed. We started out with 200.)
3. Strawberries are hard to find in March.
4. Water in your gas line is BAD (and there's not a damn thing you can do about it, except wait for it to dry.) ETA: This didn't occur to me until someone asked me if I was having problems with my new car already...when I said gas line, I meant your natural gas line, like for your stove. I was referring to the gas line at the restaurant, which somehow got water in it. Which really doesn't have anything to do with the wedding at all, but it's just another thing that happened to Janet and I on Saturday...and it was disasterous enough for mentioning.
5. A grouchy Sophie is a bad omen. Watch for ear infections and projectile vomiting.
6. Once you track down strawberries in March (thank you Costco!) they are frighteningly expensive to buy at retail price.
7. When melting chocolate for dipping, you MUST use the candy coated kind. Any old baking chocolate doesn't work (this one was a hard one to figure out.)
8. Triple count the number of cups...because you know, when the MEN at the catering company set them out, they are going to count wrong and call you in a panic.
9. Cut up bananas drizzled in chocolate and melted peanut butter really DOES make this all seem worth it.
On the upside: we did it. And we'll be MUCH better prepared for next time.
Nate learned a little lesson last week that I forgot to share (and believe me, it's too juicy not to!)
Lesson learned: When at the job site, wait until you get home to take your dirty shirt off. Because you never know, you may end up taking your shirt off, then locking yourself out of the car. While it's running. In the freezing cold rain. Then you have to wait for your girlfriend to come rescue you (and know that said girlfriend is going to tell EVERYONE.) I learned a little lesson too: ALWAYS, ALWAYS carry your camera. I didn't have mine that day, so no picture of sad Nate huddled next to his car, shirtless. I'd give my left hand for a picture of that.
ETA: Pictures of cups with dipped strawberry to come...oh ya, and happy St. Patty's Day (no, I'm not wearing green ok? I'm wearing purple, alright? Freaking sue me, I forget one holiday and people go batty.)
Thursday, March 13, 2008
(nate got me this little gem when we were there on sunday - it's actually a cigarette holder, but i use it to hold all my punch cards.)
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
god, i love my ferrets. i can CAGE them. apparently, caging your three year old is sort of frowned upon. go figure.
(i love how sophie is all smiley and proud. come to find out, SHE was the one who dumped the powder all over jack...hence, the smile.)
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
so, we finally have a new post here! (after, like, a month.) and there should be plenty more where that came from - we have a wedding this weekend, my sister's save-the-date magnets and two more events coming up! if only our 'real' jobs didn't take up so much of our time...
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
It’s times like this that I am thankful for most of my marketing stuff being saved in a place where no one else can get to it. If they can’t get to it, they can’t screw it up.
As Monica from Friends would say: “Other people just wreck things!”
(Except with her she was anal retentive about cleaning, where as I’m more anal retentive about work stuff…that’s my way of making myself feel better…sigh…)
Monday, March 3, 2008
and for those of you who have never experienced the awesome-ness that is the oregon coast, behold! a lovely little video of nate running around like an idiot in the surf (which, by the way, was FREEZING. i think he ran around to keep from getting hypothermia.)