Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The stubborn one.

This boy.
Sometimes I don't know what to do with him.
He's the most challenging child I've ever seen and knows how to push every last one of my buttons.
We lose our tempers with each other, yell, fight and generally burst into tears at the exact same moment.
I know the reason we struggle is because we are so very much alike (he comes by that stubborness naturally....aka, me.)
But that doesn't keep me from feeling so very discouraged some days.
Today is one of those days.
I know the worst of this is just a phase and it'll pass (dear god, this IS just a phase right?)
But tonight, I'm having a little pity party for mah self.
In other Cash news, he's repeating eeeeeeeverything now which is equal parts awesome and embarrassing. (He sang a lovely little song consisting of nothing but the word 'crap' last Sunday. I blame Nate and the NFL.)
He's working hard to form sentences (its hilarious) and resisting any attempts at preschool (not hilarious.)
BUT he's finally (FINALLY) going to bed without needing snuggles from Nate or I. That hasn't happened in over a year. Seriously.
Small victories.



No comments:

Post a Comment